How to Create a H-1B Registrant Account?
Updated: Feb 21
Today, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) opens the site to allow employers to create H-1B registrant accounts for FY 2024. In order to assist employers with the H-1B registrations, we have shared the USCIS official video above on how to create a myUSCIS account and developed the following step-by-step instructions.
1. Go to https://myaccount.uscis.gov/users/sign_up, and type in your email address. .
2. Once you click Sign Up, you will receive an email from the USCIS, requesting confirmation of your email address and directing you to create a password.
3. Once you submit the password, the system will prompt you to choose a method out of the three options for the two-factor authentication.
4. After you receive a verification code through the method you chose, you need to type in and submit the code, after which you will receive a back-up code. Then, click Proceed.
5. Next, you will be directed to set 5 password reset questions and answers.
6. After submitting your questions and reset answers, choose the account type "I am H1B Registrant" and Submit. Please note that this is the ONLY type of account that allows for H-1B registration submissions.
7. Congratulations! You have completed creating the H-1B registration account.
Please remember that you can't start to draft the registration until March 1, 2023 when the H-1B registration opens. If you have any questions regarding the H-1B registration process, feel free to contact our firm. We are happy to help.